Temples of India
Temples of India is the largest Hindu Temples portal in the world. It contains a listing of around 7 lakh temples from across the country and detailed information of about 5000 temples. You can also download their android app from playstore. The app is available in 7 languages, namely, Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Malyalam.
Mission and Vision
With a vision of developing a platform for devotees across the globe to gain and share knowledge about Bharatiya Sanskriti and Temples, students of IIT Bombay led by Ayush Maheshwari and Arun Jayaramakrishnan started an online repository named 'Temples of India', mentored by Prof. Ganesh Ramakrishnan.
Temples of India is a non-profit knowledge platform that aims to acquaint the devotees with the teachings of Sanatana Dharma through its roots which lie in the temples across Bharatvarsha. This repository enables you to access the information of any temple, known or unknown to you. Their aim is to provide the information in a wholesome way, which makes you feel like experiencing the real aura of the shrine. Details about the temple's location, images, opening and closing time, their culture and festivals and videos showing this celebration are compiled in a manner that makes your reading experience worth remembering.
How to Contribute
- You can add details by downloading their android app from here or open their website on your laptop.
- You can easily contribute by adding details such as images, open/close timings, puja timings, itihas, etc.
- You could search for the temples and click on edit icon to add details.
- You can easily sign up using your gmail id
- When you submit the details, you will shown as a contributor to the temple page.
Intro: Temples of India